Morse Nursery :  Morse Nursery Forum The fastest message board... ever.
Sharing information learned from over 30 years of experience about plants, their care, soil requirements, successful establishment practices and beneficial relationship to wildlife is our primary purpose, however questions about products, root prune techniques and consulting services are welcome as well.  
Apple Antanovka
Posted by: ridgeview72 ()
Date: February 06, 2012 05:22AM

I live in extreme NE Iowa & was wondering how the Apple Antanovka compares to your red bunches & bunches crabapple in terms of whitetail attraction for late season whitetails here in extreme NE Iowa (December thru Mid January)?

Last year I planted your red bunches & bunches crabapple and was wondering if the Apple Antanovka would be a good compliment for attracting deer Dec thru Mid January here in NE Iowa?

When would you expect apple drop here in NE Iowa for Apple Antanovka?

Anything else you can tell me in terms of if Apple Antanovka is a good choice to plant on food plot borders & the duration of the fruit drop would be appreciated.

Is it truly as easy to grow as you suggest compared to other apple's and/or crabapple's you offer for sale?

Thanks,

Gerald

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apple Antanovka
Posted by: cmorse ()
Date: February 07, 2012 03:22PM

Antanovka is a little tank of an apple tree. They are very easy to grow but I don't know if the fruit will still be available for hunting in January, most like not. December is about all you can expect from an apple tree that drops it's fruit. The crabapples that don't drop their fruit like bunches and bunches Red Crab will persist all winter for deer to feed on. The latest fruit drop trees I grow are Whitney Crab, GoldRush apple and hybrid pear. The goldrush still have fruit on the trees here in Michigan in Feb.

Re: Apple Antanovka
Posted by: baby1129 ()
Date: October 14, 2018 11:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.