Containerized Plants :  Morse Nursery Forum The fastest message board... ever.

New customer Planting for deer
Posted by: hatteraspk ()
Date: November 21, 2013 06:38PM

Hi I am a new to this forum

Saw your add in Ohio outdoor news:

Just purchased 8 acres in OH hardy zone 6A river bottom wooded property I love to bow hunt deer and would like to work with this property stays pretty damp floods in the winter early spring – it is wooded but I can clear some to let in light. I am 67 years young so don’t have a lot of years to wait for things to grow put it would be nice to set it up for the next generation. I have been successful hunting over persimmons and choke berries in the past

Suggestions?

Scott Schermerhorn

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New customer Planting for deer
Posted by: cmorse ()
Date: November 21, 2013 10:20PM

Hi Scott
Well wet and not much light is tough to work with. Plants and trees that make fruit or nuts need at least 6 hours of sunlight to produce enough fruit that it would meet most peoples expectation. Fruit trees and wet soils are not suited for each other, fruit tree roots will eventually rot. So, this leaves us with my recommendation, Hybrid White Oaks with Swamp White oak as one of the parents. Ware Oak, Schuettes Oak, Bodacious Bur Oak and Morse Swamp White Oak. The Morse Swamp Oak might be the best match for the conditions.I have have them in 2 year olds so acorns in about 3 years.

Posted by: buwydolos ()
Date: January 22, 2018 10:02AM

that is the best technology we must have now

Posted by: buwydolos ()
Date: January 22, 2018 12:40PM

Deer are the most special animal in the world with the delicious taste. You can see the description in this article all about the deer. Maintain the customer planting for deer with the help of http://www.essaysworld.biz/ and enjoy this morse nursery forum.

Posted by: ryrymohy ()
Date: March 15, 2018 09:33AM

dfh tfhyubteun6i khukhjtui liugtechnology

Posted by: EllieEliott ()
Date: August 06, 2018 10:43AM

This forum is for those who have just plotted on his own property near the jungle so this for suggestion for them. That they grow plants there for animals especially for deer I also post my suggestion through essay writing service online that this is very good way for survive the animals.

Posted by: baby1129 ()
Date: October 14, 2018 11:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.